Monday, April 5, 2010

Visits, Friends, and colds!

Spring break has come and gone and I find that I am needing a break from the break. I was so excited for spring break, to kick myself into gear exercise wise, but well, it didn't happen. I am having a motivation problem. Who wants to get up early and exercise? Who wants to sweat (I dislike sweating). Who wants to continue to give up sweets and such... well not me!
I made it through 40 days of no icecream and it took a lot of effort, but I did it and that is what counts. The first taste of icecream I had tasted AMAZING!
I decided to treat myself to a new haircut. I needed a change, a drastic change. I was tired of my hair (it was getting rather annoying) and well I know that haircuts are the one thing that make me feel.. new and revived... so I booked an appointment with a friend and not long later felt like a new woman. Maybe if I get brave enough I will post a picture. (To be honest I shy away from cameras, I do not like them when I am "fat" and they serve as a sad reminder of how I have let myself go.)
I was excited to visit with an "aunt" this week. She has always been an inspiration to me and she is such a joy to be around. I often wish I could take her home with me or carry her around in my pocket. She challenged me to do 5 things, at first I was hesitant to post them, but oh well here goes!
1. Volunteer in a soup kitchen (sounds simple enough)
2. Meet with the pastor of the church I found that I liked and see if there is anyway I can help out. (I want to visit this church a few more times but this seems like a good idea)
3. Open up the home and teach some sort of cooking class to teenagers. (This will take some thinking but I like this idea just trying to figure out the details is confusing)
4. Apply at the hospital near my house (yep I was confused too but here is why, she told me I had compassion with a bite and that I had a heart for people who were hurting. I am looking into positions that don't require a medical background)
5. Post a picture with my sexy (yep she called it sexy) new hair on eharmony. (this gave me a fright.. and I am not sure I am ready for this yet. I don't really want to put myself out there in terms of relationships with men. I am finding that I am still dealing with the hurt from the last one ... and the whole open to dating thing scares me... I just don't know yet and am having a very hard time with this.)

I thought about these my whole drive home... 4 hours in a car by yourself can be a good or bad thing I haven't decided yet. I am still processing my "list" and praying that the Lord leads me in the right direction.

I have decided to order some new workout DVD's called Zumba. I love to dance and would like to do it for exercise. These look like fun and if I really get into it there are gyms that offer it for classes. I am holding back on the whole money and trying to save rather then spend so pray with me as I work out the details... I think I need to just jump and trust God, but I am hesitant.

Instead of giving up something for 40 days this time I think I am going to do something for 40 days. I want to up my water intake (as that is very good for you) so I want to drink at LEAST 64oz of water a day for 40 days. I think it will help with lots of stuff besides making me feel good.

I also need to contact a woman that I met here for walking. I want to do the half marathon with Chanda up in Bellingham but I need a walking partner here. A lady I have gotten to know offered to walk with me and well I think it is high time I take her up on it!

I continue to realize that life no matter how busy is a blessing. I am home with a cold and sore throat today and praying that it goes away soon. I know that the Lord will help me through all my insecurities and doubts it is giving in and trusting that He will. The one thing I did realize over the past few weeks that taking time to dance whether it's just sitting quietly and listening to the wind or getting up and dancing around the room helps with stress. It gives me time to slow down, relax, and take deep breaths and realign myself with God's desire for my life. So here's to dancing through life!

No comments: