It has been awhile since I posted... Everytime I sat down to write.. nothing. Ideas flowed before that then I would sit down and draw a blank.
I got sick on Tuesday of last week, sore throat, then coughing and clogged up nose, it was horrible. At one point I wanted to rip out my throat! I thought about exercising.. but that was as far as it went. Yesterday, I did a little walking, but today I am feeling much better. I went out a recess and walked around with one of the kiddos who just needed someone to walk with her and let her be away from the rest of the group, it wasn't exercise but it was moving. I then walked to the library after that from the school, in all about 30 minutes of walking but nothing exercisish. I came home and got to work making dinner, we had a lot of leftovers, but nothing that could be put together, so it seemed. I pulled out my weight watcher cookbook and decided to make small personal pizzas, I made some wonderful sauce (just added some basil and garlic) and then realized we had no mozerella... ugh.. oh well cheddar worked. It ended up be a pretty good meal with that was good for us and low calorie too! (the worst was the cheese)
I hemmed over getting up on the treadmill, came in and played around on the computer until I had a mental battle and realized I was not helping myself. I got up and got my work out clothes on and hit the treadmill. Being as I still am having a hard time breathing and plugged up I decided to try for 10 minutes. I did 1 minute running, 2 minutes walking, 10 minutes turned into to 20 minutes of run/walk, at which I had to stop as I couldn't seem to stop coughing and I had drank over 24 oz of water just trying to get through it all. I cooled down, not bad I haven't done anything in a week and I know I am not up to 100% but something is better than nothing. Tomorrow I will aim for 25 minutes. :-) I am going for 3 days of working out.. My good friend Arlene told me to start small, good advice. I like to take on the whole world in one big swoop and then end up frustrated when I come up short... slow and gradual is the best... Aim big, but start small!
I have found that being on the treadmill is a good time to chat with God while listening to some good music. I have had a lot of prayer requests come my way and it is a great time to pray. Amazing how God opens doors of time for me to be with Him, I just need to be looking for them.
I also decided to do something DRASTIC! Lent starts today and my cousin Staci posted she was giving up Facebook for Lent. (40 days of no Facebook, my prayers are with her!) I decided to give up sweets for Lent. I am not a big believer in Lent, it just happens to be convenient. My uncle told me he didn't eat a certain kind of food for 40 days to kick start his metabolism and get him to stop eating junk. It sounds like a good idea. So for 40 days, no cake, cookies, icecream, etc. I am looking for snacks that are healthy. I have some popcorn and almonds. I though about applesauce cookies but I don't know if those qualify as sweets, I will have to check WHAT is in them. The hardest will be no icecream as we have it in the house all the time.
Well that about does it for now. I am glad I finally sat down and wrote. It has been a tough week and I feel like I have failed miserably when it comes to exercising. Time to get back up on the horse and get my head out of the sand! Thanks for all the prayers and love!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment