This weekend was a hectic weekend. On Friday I put in a ten hour work day. 8 hours of subbing and 2 hours of tutoring. I came home and mom and dad had a marriage class so therefore I was confined to the office. I was so tired and beat I fell asleep in the chair at the computer. After the class was over I crawled into bed exhausted. The next day I went to help out my sister. Her and her husband are looking at selling their home but needed to clear out stuff to make it look bigger. I spent the day bubble wrapping china and helping carry stuff. It was fun, but the best part of it was what I got out of the deal!!! They had been storing some stuff at mom and dad's house and I asked if they wouldn't mind instead of putting the treadmill they have in storage, swapping it with the stuff they have stored here. I have been trying to get over to their house on occasion to use it, but timing on my schedule is so hard! They said YES!!!! I was super excited. I got it home late Saturday night and on Sunday, Dad and I pulled it out of the back of the van, and reassembled it. I plugged it in.. then NOTHING.. it didn't turn on. I tried the switch still nothing. Oh I was frustrated! After a little while of looking at cords and trying different out lets we noticed that one of the wiring wasn't plugging into the power source. We plugged it in, and viola it worked! I was so excited. Now I can exercise and not have excuses of weather, not enough hours in the day. I can get home, change my clothes and WORK OUT!
I have now set up a routine.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I will walk/run on the treadmill. I learned this a long time ago when I was student teaching. I walk 2 minutes and run 1 minute. Once I am comfortable with that I walk 1 minute and run 1 minute. Once I get comfortable with that I walk 1 minute and run 2 minutes. Then I slowly start to faze out my walking and just run. I did that today on the treadmill and boy was I SWEATY! I did 30 minutes of that. At 25 minutes I was struggling but I powered through. I kept telling myself, you can do it, think of that outfit you want to wear. And boy did that work! I pushed through!! My biggest struggle is stretching. Do you stretch before, or after a 5 minute warm-up or at the end or all 3 or 2.. I don't know. I think I shall have to do some research.
On Tuesdays and Thursday I will do my Shrink your Female Fat zones or some kind of workout with weights and my exercise ball. One to give my body a break and 2 to help tone areas that need toning.
I also decided I needed some rewards for myself. I am going by pant sizes not weight. I will try to be consistent on weighing myself but I fear the scale. And after getting off I get really discouraged.
So when I get down to a size to 12 I will get a haircut and dye. I am wanting one now I want a change, but I need to use it as a reward. I am going to start setting money aside for this now.
When I get down to a size 10 I will get a pedicure.
When I get down to a size 8, I will get the reward of wearing 2 outfits that I desperately want to get into. I also am debating about going a fun adventure with a friend!
My other thing I need to figure out shoes. I have a pair of tennis shoes but they hurt my feet after being in them running for about 10 minutes. I love my keens. They have air pockets (which can be good or bad) and they are wide so my feet don't feel squeezed. But is running in keens the best? I don't know. All these things you have to think about when you are starting to exercise.
After getting into my routine more I will work on food. I am starting to go through recipe books and such, but I really want to plan out meals and eat correctly. But I am going to tackle one mountain at a time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment