Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Mind Games

This morning I woke up very groggy... I have been crashing into bed at night, exhausted and then unable to sleep. It is frustrating.
After getting up and making coffee I noticed I had quite a few things to do. My room looks like a tornado struck, and it is in desperate need of organizing. I was sore this morning when I woke up and thought MAYBE I will exercise. It is amazing how you can rationalize yourself out of doing whatever it is you know you need to do! Part way through going through papers in my room, it struck me... that I was only hurting myself by not exercising. I didn't really feel like going for a run, and I remembered my sister and friend telling me there are workout videos ON DEMAND on Comcast for free. So I looked it up. I found one called Cardio Blast by the Biggest Loser and boy was it TOUGH.... now I am even more sore than before! But hey, that is good right?!
I am finding I need to eat some protein right after I exercise otherwise I get a little light headed. I think another thing would be to eat some protein BEFORE I exercise.
I have found that I have been getting lots of support and good advice. Friends have given me good recipes for low calorie food and I remembered I had some weightwatcher cook books and pulled those off the shelf. I also found a great new product by Crystal Light called Pure Fitness that is a powder you can add to your water that is for fitness and has electrolights and potassium, which I was told you need to add to your diet when you exercise. It tastes great! I am also trying to drink more water. I want to fill up my water bottle at least 3 times. Thank goodness I have a large bladder!!!
I also find a few websites which are free and you can count your calories and track your exercise. www.sparkpeople.com or www.everydayhealth.com . They are online communities of people trying to lose weight, kind of like a weight lose facebook. I don't really get into all the groups but it great for figuring out calories and tracking all I am doing. The hardest thing is BEING HONEST with myself about what I have eaten that day. It is tempting to not put on the tracker that extra cookie or extra cup of coffee, but I need to be honest with myself.
I found it interesting that I am studying the book of Lamentations right now, and it talks about reaping what you sow. What a hard message but I find it helps me stop putting the blame on others and realize that I am in control of my own choices right or wrong and the only person I have to blame is myself. It has given me the ability to take a good hard look at myself. I am also amazed at God's unfailing love! I am not worthy of His love and it shocked me. Yes I reap what I sow and some of that isn't good, but the Lord loves me and will put His hand of correction on me to get me back on the right path. It may be painful, but I am glad He does it...giving someone loving correction is LOVE, being complacent or ignoring the problem isn't love, in fact it is hurtful! I find that sometimes being a Christian I am complacent, but I am beginning to realize that my God is not. It makes me think, what should I be doing differently? How can I approach people in LOVE? Is there a fine line between complacency and loving correction? Give me something to think about tomorrow when I go for a run or when I am driving to tutoring appointments!

No comments: