As I sit here the rain is pitter pattering on my window. I have to admit it has been a few rough days for me.
This morning I realized something, I get up and eat then go straight to the computer or check my emails on my blackberry... when did I get so technology dependent? I was readying yesterday in my Confessions of a Prayer Wimp about learning to meditate. Of just sitting and being with My Lord. I have to say it had been a rough morning and I hadn't slept much due to a cough. So I put the computer down, set the blackberry on silent in my room, closed the door and went out to my favorite couch and just stared out the window and watched the weather. I marveled how it changed from rain, to hail, to snow, and watched the water drip off the trees. I talked with my Lord letting Him know my fears and shortcomings and how I was feeling overwhelmed by it all and ready to throw in the towel. A friend told me to ask the Lord to show me exactly what needs to get down today and keep my focus on Him rather than on the tasks. It felt so relaxing to talk with Him about it. I also realized that part of my fear of putting myself out there and making friends isn't that they will disappoint me, it is that I will disappoint them. I am beginning to realize how much I don't see myself in a good or positive light and I am the first one to take a "punch" at myself. I need to let go and learn to relax when I come across tough situations rather than beat myself up.
I am excited and sad that I am almost done with my Prayer Wimp book. I love this book, but there are new ones waiting for me. I picked up the newest book by Max Lucado called Fearless... and it is learning to live a life without fears. I also got a book from an aunt called Girls Gone Wise in a World Gone Wild... it looks really good too. If only I could read faster!!!! :-)
I ordered my Zumba DVD's the other day and am impatiently awaiting their arrival.
I am still struggling with my cold and spent last night coughing, must need stronger cough medicine.
I picked up another student for tutoring so now I tutor almost everyday! It will be a challenge with my new one but I am up to the task!
Life continues to move at a fast pace and I am finding that even though I have more to do I need to stop and relax and just be... I need to stop worrying and fretting and spend some time just sitting and relaxing, because when I do, I find I am much more productive and focused on the important stuff. I am learning that there is strength in learning to sit still.
Their strength is to sit still. Isaiah 30:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Now I can leave a comment! :)
In my NASB Isaiah 30:7 says Even Egypt, who help is vain and empty. Therefore, I have called her Rahab who has been exterminated.
I guess one way to be still is through extermination. Is that what you mean?
My NIV says Rahab Do Nothing!!! and the KJV is to sit still. Amazing how all 3 are different and well the meaning is kinda lost. I shall have to ask my dad to look at the Hebrew because now I am curious!
Post a Comment